Monday, October 29, 2012

Peruvian Beer



I didn't expect it, but Peru has a few beers to choose from. The first one I tried was Arequipeña because right? I've come to learn that Arequipeña is a beer that used to be good but no longer holds up to the competition. It's the cheapest, but no beer here is expensive. For 30 cents more you can have your pick if the selection is there. Cristal, Cusqueña and Pilsen are all pretty decent and cheap. I've seen prices for beer here range from 3.4-10 soles ($1.30- $4) for a 650ml (22 ounce) bottle from bodega to expensive live music venue. Each brewery has a few different brews and as of now I don't know the difference. I haven't seen beer on tap yet interestingly enough. It seems like 650 ml bottles are the way. The bodega where we have bought beer charges 1 sol more if you don't return a bottle for each beer purchased. We're not sure how common that is but we don't mind recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment