Sunday, November 11, 2012

"Reggae" "Fest" in Chilina

Saturday. Yes. It's Reggae fest. Don't stress.

We met up with Ren, Jacob, Brandon, Sam, Connie, and my student Romel and headed to Chilina. It wasn't exactly what we expected. There was no live music nor reggae music to be heard. They had a DJ playing dubstep in some guy's backyard behind a retirement home and they were selling cheap beer and food. They had a drum kit and mics set up just teasing us for over 3 hours. However, they did have bungee jumping....

No. None of us tried it. I didn't think a backyard party in rural Peru was the best location for a first attempt. I'm sorry to let you down.

Despite it not being what we had anticipated, we had a great time and headed back to our place around sunset for Dominos. It was delicious and had to happen.

It was horribly buggy and I had bug spray in my bug-out bag. You're welcome, Jacob.


you won't do it...
Roomies!
This guy was pretty hilarious. 

I love this backdrop. Backyard party.
We waited for reggae until the cows came home
Ren enthusiastically leads the charge back to our place. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment