Sunday, September 30, 2012

All My Bags Are Packed...

Departure Day! By this time tomorrow I'll be in Arequipa, Peru searching for home remedies for altitude sickness in the farmers market. My phone will be shut off and we'll be in an elevated dessert in the southern hemisphere at the foot of a volcano. The disconnect is going to be an interesting transition without texts, mobile internet and email, processed foods, bi-partisan democratic campaigning and The Daily Show's coverage of it all, drinkable tap water, english speakers, shorts, grills, Kardashians... I couldn't be more excited.

Adios Amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, saw a comment you made on website for those who'd like to teach abroad in Arequipa.

    I'd love to pick your brain! if you have a second, please contact me.

    I'm looking for all the help I can get-- thanks so much!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sure thing. Email me at dapratt@gmail.com. I loved Arequipa and I'm happy to help if I can.

    ReplyDelete