Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pictures and Words

perspective

When looking for focus, buy a camera! I'm having some serious fun with my new DSLR that arrived last week. My sister Robyn and brother-in-law JP gave me some tutorials this past weekend on the basic workings of photography. I'm trying to stay in the manual mode to get experience with it. Stick shift and grinding gears! Sure Instagram is easier, cheaper, more accessible and quite possibly leads to better looking photos... but all of that convenience has to mean you are sacrificing some control. Let there be light.

I'll be using this blog to share my view of life through pictures and words (glass and prose). Life is an adventure worth sharing; a narrative with many transitions. These transitions bring new questions, not all of which can be answered. Nevertheless, I'm planning to change course and look upon things with fresh eyes and embrace all of the highs and lows. As Kurt Vonnegut would say, "so it goes."

1 comment: